Monday, March 9, 2015

And so it begins...again

Beautiful Koi at Hennan Lagoon Resort in Boracay, Station 2. Photo by Kai Magsanoc

And now I am here for good!

Hello, everyone. How have you been?

I am aghast to realize that my last post was almost a year ago, at our celebration of Earth Day in the Philippines. It was a wonderful celebration, with the entire Yahoo Southeast Asia network working together on a social media campaign to give tips (or remind people) about green practices in the workplace.

I'm sorry I was not able to post again sooner. I just checked my page views: you have been visiting every day, despite not getting fresh posts from me. You were just here yesterday and I missed you.

I'm truly, deeply, very, very, very sorry.

Last February 26, Yahoo Philippines closed editorial operations. I was the Lifestyle Editor of Yahoo PH for more than a year, and our closure truly broke my heart. It was the same feeling when I had to let go of SugarSugar, the magazine I "gave birth to" in 2007 and managed until 2008.

I get attached to my readers, especially those who reach out to become my friends. At Yahoo Philippines, the Lifestyle section alone would have millions of readers per day. I would always tell people about the discussions in the comments section, where readers would ask each other how they were doing, what they were busy with, etc.

It was a community.

I miss that community as I type this. I have never stopped thinking of that community since I woke up last February 27 without a Lifestyle section to manage and produce content for.

It made me realize that, here on #CoffeeWithKai, a community had begun to form when I started it in 2013. You forgave my irregular posts and read all of them anyway. Readers from as far as Germany, France, and Russia would visit regularly. You guys were just here yesterday.

Sorry I missed you guys. I don't want to miss you again.

I am back, and I am back for good. With the encouragement and support of people who believe in us, we shall pick up the pieces and get back on our feet.

Exciting things await #CoffeeWithKai. You will find out more over the course of this month.

For now, I just want to say "hi" and give everyone a tight virtual hug!

Let's connect:
Facebook - Kai Magsanoc
Twitter - @kaimagsanoc
Instagram - @kaimagsanoc
Pinterest - Kai Magsanoc
Tumblr - kaimagsanoc

All is well in my world,
Kai


No comments:

Post a Comment