Monday, April 21, 2014

#EarthDay: How we do it at Yahoo



Practical tips that will help reduce carbon footprint

MANILA, Philippines - Happy Earth Day everyone! Today is my first Earth Day with Yahoo Philippines, and it is truly a fulfilling one. :)

At the beginning of the month, we started posting daily #EarthDay tips on our social media accounts. Our marketing team from Singapore -- Brenda Bey and Peggy Zhu -- extended their support by doing our layout and eventually helping us post and monitoring engagement.

Other countries in the region joined the campaign by translating tips I came up with into their own language, and sharing them with their readers and communities, too.

I have never felt this much support for one passion I have which is reducing carbon footprint, living simply and sustainably, and -- in the process -- saving the planet for the children.

I am grateful to my boss, Kate delos Reyes, for teaching me how to work with the rest of the teams in the region. Thank you also to Kim Patria, our news reporter (and resident heartbreaker), for teaching me how to do layouts in Photoshop. :)

How fitting that, on #EarthDay, good vibes are all around. I am sharing with you the tips we shared in Yahoo Philippines. Feel free to share them with your friends and family, too!

For the slideshow, go to Yahoo SHE.











Share away! :) - #CoffeeWithKai

No comments:

Post a Comment