Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Reunited with Jodilly Pendre of Asia's Next Top Model S2

WELL-TRAINED. In this first shoot in episode 1, Jodilly showed photographer Mike Rosenthal what she's got.
Photo courtesy of Visions and Expressions

You've met Katarina Rodriguez. Now it's time to meet the other Filipina in the competition.

MANILA, Philippines - I no longer remember the first time I ever worked with Jodilly Pendre. All I remember is that we worked in a lot of runway shows when I was still actively styling, and that she was one of the easier models to manage. Quiet, patient, will eat anything, will do anything the director tells her to do, will dress up quickly, will walk the runway unforgettably. No complaints.

So imagine my joy upon finding out that she is one of two Filipino girls in the current season of Asia's Next Top Model. When I saw her again last January 9 at the TRESemme x Asia's Next Top Model S2 intimate press conference at Brasserie Girolle, The Fort Strip, Bonifacio Global City, I felt like an older sister proud of her bunso (youngest sibling).

Jodilly was blooming and had an air of confidence I never saw in her before. Perhaps it was the maturity as a professional model, all those years of being trained by the best in the industry at such a young age. Perhaps it was the experience of being in the reality competition and making a new friend in fellow Filipino Katarina Rodriguez.

Close and comfy with Katarina Rodriguez of Asia's Next Top Model S2

I don't know. I couldn't tell. All I know was, at that moment I said "Hi" to her and asked if she remembered me, Jodilly simply and cheerily said, "Opo! Kanina ko pa nga kayo tinitingnan, eh. Akala ko po 'di n'yo na ako kilala." (Yes! I was looking at you. I thought you no longer remember me.)

Last time, I featured the cute, bubbly and super nice Katja. This time, it's Jodilly's turn. Read on. :)


FEARLESS. In this episode 2 challenge, Jodilly showed she could jump and fly even while standing on stairs.
Photo courtesy of Visions and Expressions

Before you joined Asia's Next Top Model, how many years had you been modeling? At what age did you start?
I started modeling when I was 16. I was forced by circumstances to be independent. After two years of modeling, I realized that [it had become] my life, my paradise. (Jodilly is now 20 years old.) 

Who are your fashion mentors?
Designers Roland Alzate and Noel Crisostomo. They really push me to my limits, as in! They never get tired of telling me words of greatness. They always give me their clothes to make me look like a great model. 

Aside from your natural height and slender built, what made you decide to pursue modeling as a job?
My attitude

How did you balance modeling with school?
It's all about determination. Believe that all things are possible with God. 

Tell us about your family, Jodilly. You mentioned in episode 1 that you come from a poor family and that you joined for your mom. What do you want to give your family?
I want to give my mom the best future. I want her to feel that she still has a daughter that really cares for her.

In the Philippine fashion industry, you're already considered a runway and editorial veteran. Why did you decide to join Asia's Next Top Model? What career push or growth do you still want?
I wanna go global and be [a] great [model].

Tell us about the audition/screening.
It was a long process but it was an awesome experience.

Tell us about the Asia's Next Top Model experience. You're a nice girl so I'm sure you did not have a hard time making friends. But was there anyone who wasn't nice to you?
All the girls had different attitudes. You can't really please everyone.

You and Katarina have become close friends. What do you like about her?
I love [everything] about Katarina.

What was the most challenging part of being in Asia's Next Top Model?
The toughest part was controlling my emotions whenever I was feeling down, and trying to appreciate myself all the time.  

What was your favorite challenge? Shoot?
My favorite challenge was the walk on water [in episode 1]. In that challenge, I was tested physically and emotionally.  I love learning new things and developing new talents! 

I don't have a favorite shoot because all the shoots were amazing.

Who is your favorite judge and why?
I didn't have favorite judge. Each of the judges taught me so much about modeling and real life lessons.

In season 1, Stephanie Retuya was the runner-up. Can we expect that you will be in the final weeks of season 2, too?
I can promise one thing [about the next episodes]: I will do great things and I will be great!

Did Stephanie give you any advice?
She gave me the heart to keep pushing [toward] my goals.

What do you think set you apart from the other professional models in the competition?
I had the attitude of a victor. 

What do you have as a Filipino model that made you different from them, as far as modeling is concerned?
As a true-blooded Filipina, I knew that I would be resilient; that no matter how many times they rejected me, I believed I could still step up and stand out among the others

What is your skin care regimen?
I honestly don't have a skin care regimen. I'm practical. I wash my face then apply toner and moisturizer. I use body oil, not lotion. 


"STIFF FROM THE NECK UP." The judges did not love this picture of Jodilly, but photographer Jesper McIlroy said he was very impressed with her. Photo courtesy of Visions and Expressions

Fast facts about Jodilly:
  • Favorite color - Purple
  • Favorite food - Sinigang
  • To stay in shape, I... - Eat like a caveman HAHAHAHA
  • Modeling/fashion idol - Naomi Campbell, because she wows everyone who sees her
  • Where she hangs out - Jollibee
  • Music - Party songs LOL
  • Favorite artist - Jayesslee
  • Favorite song - "All to Jesus I Surrender"
  • Hobbies - Learning how to play the keyboard and to beat box through YouTube,  making covers of Tagalog rap songs, playing volleyball, swimming
Here are my photos from the TRESemme x Asia's Next Top Model S2 event:

TOP MODEL HAIR. Jodilly happily adjusts her TRESemme-styled hair while being interviewed by Star World 
MENTORS. TRESetters Lourd Ramos and Joey Mead at the press event
THEY MAKE US PROUD. Jodilly, Katarina and Unilever Philippines PR Head of Personal Care Apples Aberin, herself a supermodel
BOSOM BUDDIES. Katarina and Jodilly tell the press that they've been inseparable ever since the competition
TRESemmé KERATIN SMOOTH RANGE. Nourishing Keratin Shampoo, Nourishing Keratin Conditioner, Heat Protection Shine Spray and Keratin Deep Treatment Masque 

When asked for their final words for the guests at the event, here's what the two had to say:


SHE RETURNS THE SUPPORT. Jodilly sends me this pic in-between work. Thank you, Jodi! :)

Catch Katarina and Jodilly on Asia's Next Top Model S2 every Wednesday, 9:40pm, on Star World. The episode replay is every Saturday, 8:45pm.

Connect with Jodilly on Twitter @jodigagaa and on Facebook through her Asia's Next Top Model pageFor more photos and updates, follow Asia's Next Top Model on Facebook. - #CoffeeWithKai

Also read: Close and comfy with Katarina Rodriguez of Asia's Next Top Model S2

2 comments:

  1. goo jodily and katarina i know can make it into the top....................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to Jodily and Katarina who are now in the top 3!

    ReplyDelete